Racing Future is determined to inspire a new generation of fans to enjoy the sport of horse racing.

Record-breaking 141st running of the $1 million Longines Kentucky Oaks

Great photo from Twitter by Jose Paye of Jockey "Boo Boo" Clark after riding Lovely Maria to victory in the 2015 Kentucky Oaks

It was a record-breaking 141st running of the $1 million Longines Kentucky Oaks (Grade I) at Churchill Downs Racetrack which culminated as 123,763 fans, the highest attendance of all time, watched a memorable win by Lovely Maria. The prior attendance record was 116,046, set in 2010, during the 136th running of the Kentucky Oaks.

Wagering from all-sources was the highest all-time on both the full 12-race Kentucky Oaks Day card and on the Kentucky Oaks race. On-track wagering on the Kentucky Oaks race also set a record.

Wagering from all-sources on the full 12-race Kentucky Oaks Day race card totaled $46.1 million, an increase of 7% from the 2014 total of $43.2 million, and a 1% increase over the prior record set in 2013. All-sources wagering on the Kentucky Oaks race rose 8% to $15.2 million from 2014’s $14.1 million, and a 6% increase over the prior record set in 2013.

On-track wagering on the Kentucky Oaks Day race card was $12.0 million, a 2% increase from 2014’s $11.8 million. On-track wagering on the Kentucky Oaks race set a new record of $3.1 million, a 5% increase from 2014’s $3.0 million and a 2% increase over the previous record in 2013.

Read more at KentuckyDerby.com

Comments

Add new comment

CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.